Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eyebrow Dyeing

heyA guys! Its been a long time since I started a new blog but I never posted anything yet since I was into Vlogging more (video blog). I made 3 new videos already, but for some weird reason Youtube doesn't want to upload it! It keeps on giving me error message after many hours of waiting and uploaded almost 97% of it, then it will suddenly stop. =c

I have so many things that I want to share with you guys which mostly are on the new videos I made but I still have to figure out something on what to fix/change in my computer so I can upload new videos again.

Today, I just watched Youtube all day and came across with different eyebrow tutorials. In my previous video, I explained there why I am into eyebrow stuffs lately.

Ever since when I was a child, I always get compliment with my eyebrows. I have naturally dark, bushy BUT TAMED AND SHAPED eyebrows. I inherited it from my dad (my dad's eyebrows are pretty for a guy!) I remembered some people thought that my mom plucked and shaped my eyebrows when I was still a kid. haha =D

I always wanted to achieve a celebrity-like eyebrows where, I get tired of my natural brows. I want to have thin but pencil filled eyebrows just like what I always see on photographs, models and celebrities. When I started doing makeup, I never put anything on my eyebrows since they're too dark already coz' if I do put like a pencil on it it'll look darker and scary.

To minimize the "bushy-ness" of my brows, I trim them with a small scissors before I pluck or shave it but it still looks dark at all.

From a professional tip: If your hair is dark you should have light eyebrows. If your blonde and light hair eyebrows should be dark. (which I follow as always)

Curiosity came across me today. I saw a lot of eyebrow dyes in the U.S and U.K but never saw one here in the Philippines. Again, as always, I "D.I.Y." I resort in using permanent hair dye to tint or lighten my eyebrows so I can use my pencils to fill em' in.

I took the risk, BUT ITS ALL WORTH IT!

My eyebrows became lighter and it compliments every eyebrow pencil I use! I used an eyebrow pencil here which doesn't suit my eyebrow color before but it looks good now! =)



I used my orthodontics small brush as a spooly since it has more fine bristles and can cover up the small hairs of my brows. regular eyebrow spooly has large bristles, so I thought of using this instead. Aside from that, its disposable! =)


I pinch a small amount of hair dye of my choice and mix it in a small jar. I picked two colors: brown and Semi-blonde. I mix both together to get the shade that I want. =)

REMINDER: if you want to try this yourself DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I suggest do this together with a friend or someone that can help you apply the dye so your eyes are close.

Things to consider:
-It is highly recommended to use a designed product for eyebrow tinting rather using permanent hair dye.

-If you are allergic on hair dyes DO NOT USE.

-If you are not sure on the shade that you want, you may try it on a couple of your hairstrands (bottom part) to see its color effect, since some color may vary from the type of hair color and condition.

-Some hair dyes are staining on the skin so you want to apply it just like the way you're applying your regular eyebrow pencil.

-It stings and itch a little on the skin. do it every 5 minutes if u wish to build up the color of your choice.

*apply the dye.. if intolerable itching, wash it with facial soap. rest for at least 5 min. and then reapply. it will always depend on your tolerance =) Good luck!

Note: I emphasize that this is RISKY but do it with care, it should be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea.. i will give it a try... home it works!

    ReplyDelete